Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Featured Business: NewTrition

NewTrition
6915 W. Central Ave
Toledo OH 43617
419-843-4200



I was originally invited to visit NewTrition after I attended a networking meeting.  I was still young in business and knew nothing of networking, but at that night at the NETT at the Oliver House, I met some people who today I can call close friends.

Melonie had invited me to have a one-to-one at NewTrition, and suggested I try the Blueberry Muffin shake.  OMG it was amazing.  I began stopping in on a regular basis, I enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere and good company.  Most days, if you want to find me, that's where I'll be.


NewTrition offers Herbalife products, and uses the variety of products to make dozens of shakes/smoothies to meet your tastes and dietary needs.  The combo includes a shot of mango/aloe water (trust me - it sounds weird, but it is delicious), a 8oz cup of green tea (plain, peach, lemon or raspberry)



Many people who first stop in to the 'club' (as it is know, all of the regulars are known as 'members') assume that it is all about weight loss.  While that is a component to the Herbalife product line, the message is more about becoming healthy. Recently, I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance.  When I began feeling run down and sick at the end of the summer, Dawn sat down with me, asked me about my daily eating habits and activities.  My doctor didn't even do that with me after I was diagnosed.  I began stopping in everyday, and I felt my energy levels increase within a few weeks.

The weight loss aspect is also a large part of the business.  Weight loss challenges are offered several times every year, lasting three months at a time.  During these challenges, you get the group support that is proven in any weight loss program. But you also receive information that will help you along in your daily life.  Participants are not required to purchase the Herbalife products, but most of them find themselves getting shakes at NewTrition everyday.

One of the best services offered at NewTrition is something that most adults need, but don't know it.  The metabolism scans will help you identify the right amount of dietary needs your body requires for gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight.

As a young mom, my friends and I have often had discussions as to the best way to lose the last few pounds - and the information I learned from my metabolism scan really helped me.  I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, and after the body scan I discovered I was not getting enough protein.  I need between 75 and 100 grams of protein, and I was maybe getting 30-50 each day.  When I began adding the shakes into my daily meal plan, I became a bit leaner (and if I do say so looked AMAZING at my 10 year reunion after 1 month on the 'shake plan').



The shakes have also helped my son.  Steven is almost 4, and about the size of a 2 year old.  He was born 6 weeks premature, and we've had issues with his growth.  I bring him in with me after I pick him up from preschool a few days a week (he even has a special cup).  He's finally gaining weight, and slowly is starting to grow a few inches.  And he's healthy - when his sisters have been bringing home colds and flu's - he's not been sick once this year.  Which is even more amazing, because since he was 9 months old, he'd develop bronchitis at least twice in the colder months and needed breathing treatments 3 or 4 times a day.



If you're in Sylvania/Sylvania Township durning the day, between 8a and 3p, I encourage you; stop in for the healthiest breakfast or lunch that you can get.  
On Feb 16, Dawn S. has stepped down as owner of New-Trition.  
We all wish her well and will miss her.  

The club will now be maintained by Sue B. 







No comments:

Post a Comment