Friday, March 9, 2012

How 'Pinning' Can Grow Your Business

Well, unless you live under a rock and never check your Facebook or Twitter, you've probably noticed a new thing called "Pinterest."

So what is it?

Well, to put it quite simply, it's a collection of anything and everything you want.

  • Favorite recipes, or recipes you want to try
  • Clothes you love 
  • Vacations you want to take
  • Things for the home
  • Activities for the family
  • Books you've read or want to read
  • The list goes on, and on, and on...
So for a business or a blogger, how does this affect you?  Well, if you've got great content with great images, you can get your products out to the masses.

Cascade Braid
For example, my daughters have SUPER LONG HAIR.  And I'm tired of putting it up in the same braids and ponytails every day.  So I did a search for fun braids and up-do's - and I found a couple of neat websites.  Instead of adding them to my bookmarks and forgetting that I've save them (we've all done that, right?)  I pinned them to my Hair Style board.  So taking what I found, this is what I did with Samantha's hair:
Sock Bun
So if you're a hair stylist, grab a friend and take step-by-step pictures of how to maintain my hair at home.  Put it out on your website/blog.  And then pin it.  Your friends will pin it.  And soon, your names is out there, getting people to your website to learn more.

OK, so if you're a business with a physical location, how does that help grow the business?  Well, if you sell products, sell them online.  In your step by step description, talk about the products that you are using, and put a link to where people can buy them.

So if you are a garden expert, teach me how to prep my garden for this year - step by step with images.  Show me how to start my seeds.  Be detailed.  Pin it.  Then sell some seeds or tools.

If you're a photographer, show me how to take a good picture with my cell phone; how to get my kids to sit still. Pin it.  Then sell some frames or prints.

Pinterest is becoming an activity for many people, just like playing games on Facebook.  To the business - they're looking for your stuff.  Be there for them.



Follow me on Pinterest, or for more information, contact Cindy@SociablyCindy.com







No comments:

Post a Comment