Thursday, February 2, 2012

Featured Business: My Mary Kay Consultant Nicole!

Nicole Beat
Independent Mary Kay Sales Director
567.455.6828



I am not a girlie girl.  I am not into what is hot and now in fashion.  I'm not up on the latest hair and make up trends.  It's just not me.  I'm very conscious about my skin.  And that's where Nicole comes in.

As a teen, I'd have the occasional break out (usually on my chin around that time of the month), but I generally had very nice skin.  Then when I was 21 and pregnant with my first child, it caught up to me.

I've tried just about every product under the sun - and nothing has seemed to work.  I'd begun using the Mary Kay Timewise products, and I really liked them.  My little frown/laugh lines diminished, my completion looked brighter, but I still had the adult acne.

My problem was that these products were too harsh on my skin.  I tried one product (I won't name it, but you've heard of it) that literally burned my face after 3 uses.   I did see a dermatologist after that - and not even their prescription strength products worked... I thought I was doomed.

But wait!  Nicole comes back from a Mary Kay conference with a brand new sensitive skin collection: Botanical Effects.  I set up an appointment with her and she introduced me to the new line.  We started with the dry skin set - in the winter I'm alway super dry.  She let me try it there, and she even let me take it home for a few days to really see the effects on my skin. (Does the department store do that?)



I loved the cleanser - very gentle.  But the moisturizer was a bit thick for my liking.  I told Nicole and she said "Not a problem, let's switch your lotion to 'normal'."  And it's working great for me.

After she switched my lotion, she also gave me the mask and refresher spray.  The mask can actually be used as a scrub or mask - which I loved.  The refresher is really nice as well, not a burning toner like I was use to.  If you have sensitive skin - this product is definitely for you!



Now - cosmetics!

Deluxe Compact


I'd never really worn make-up.  I'd buy it for a special occasion, never wear it again.  But now that I'm in a professional setting, I can't look like a 14 year old.

Nicole has helped me find the right colors for me, taught me how to apply them (I had no idea how many looks you could get from just 3 eye shadow colors).  It's also extremely important to have the right tools, and know how to take care of them (yes, your dirty brushes can actually make your skin have bad reactions, and could even make you sick).

There are products for everyone - even guys!  I got the High Intensity Cologne for my husband - I love it!

What I really like about Nicole is her desire to really help other women feel as beautiful as they are.  It's not about covering your face up with 4 inches of make up and portraying something you're not.  It's about accenting the natural beauty that you are.  She'll keep you up to date on new products.  And if you give her your husband/boyfriend's contact info and your special dates (birthday, anniversary, etc.), she can even send them reminders and gift hints based on your wish lists or previous purchased.  She can even help with the gift wrapping.  Seriously guys - win/win!

So if you've never tried Mary Kay before, I encourage you to contact Nicole and try it now.  Not only are the products amazing and very reasonably priced; but you will gain a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment